Welcome to St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Medford, WI! We hope this site will help you learn more about our church family and our ministry for Christ. St. Paul's has a long tradition of outreach and service to its members and the community. We hope you will join us for worship services on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings to experience for yourself the fellowship of Christ! All are Welcome!
8:00 am & 10:15 am
Fellowship & Coffee/Snacks
Sunday School 9:00 am
Wednesday Lenten Worship
11:00 am & 6:30 pm
321 N. Park Ave
Medford, WI 54451
- A GREAT SPRING & SUNDAY SCHOOL CELEBRATION HELD MARCH 30! Thanks so much to: our Sunday School youth for singing and leading worship, all the parents, all our teachers and shepherds, Tracy for her Sunday School leadership, our awesome guitar players Madelyn, Jordan & Tracy, our council for grilling and helping with the potluck, all who brought food, and all who worshiped! Thank you to our church family! We are blessed with so many wonderful and talented individuals. May we, as children of God, continue to be a blessing to others! THANKS BE TO GOD!
- BUILDING ON BLESSINGS - 2014 STEWARDSHIP CAMPAIGN... "Building on Blessings" is the theme for St. Paul's financial stewardship emphasis in 2014. We are asking "How can we build on our blessings?" Surely our building project, including the Welcome Hall and Sunday School area, has been a wonderful blessing! Of course, a building is only as valuable as the ministry that can be done through and with it. Sunday, March 16, 2014 was Commitment Sunday at St. Paul's. We received financial commitments (pledges, estimates of giving for 2014) for both the annual budget and the building fund (mortgage). As we engage in conversations about blessings and how God is calling us to build on them, please join us and prayerfully consider your response. If you have not completed a pledge form yet we have them in the church office or you can fill out an online pledge form here. Your pledge information is and will remain confidential. Thank you for your faithful giving!
- THANK YOU....St. Paul’s 1st Annual Community Pasty Dinner held on Saturday,
February 22 was a great success! We were sold out of pasties by the end of the evening of both dinners and frozen ones that were made available. Thank you to our Events Committee, all that helped, made desserts, etc. A portion of the profits will be used to host Vacation Bible School this summer - our children are the future!
- BIBLE STUDIES AT ST. PAUL'S!
Sundays at 9:00 am in the Conference Room: We are Making Sense of Scripture by discussing big questions many people have about the Bible. With provocative video introductions in each session, we interact with the big questions, the Bible and with one another. Upcoming questions are:
+ Where Did the Bible Come From?
+ Is There a "Center" to Scripture?
+ What Kind of Authority Does the Bible Hold?
+ How Can I Read the Bible with Greater Understanding?
Thursdays at 9:00 am in the Welcome Hall. Come to discuss the upcoming Scripture readings used for Sunday worship. Connect the Word of God with daily life experiences. Explore ways to deepen faith practices in everyday living.
Join us-- all are welcome!
- THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED WITH THE CHRISTMAS GIVING TREE PROGRAM! The 2013 Taylor County Christmas Giving Tree Program (administered by St. Paul's) was a great success! Through the help of hundreds throughout our community, we were able to provide gifts to a record number - 524 - children in need throughout Taylor County! The Giving Tree is an important ministry in which less fortunate children in Taylor County are able to receive Christmas gifts through the generosity of local businesses, organizations, churches, and individuals. THANK YOU to all who helped make this program possible and thanks be to God for the opportunity to serve others! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with this ministry in the future, please contact Mike Lindau at the church office email@example.com or 715-748-4909. God's Work. Our Hands
- 2013 HARVEST DAYS PARADE FLOAT -- God's Work. Our Hands. The theme for St. Paul's float in the 2013 Medford Harvest Days Parade was "God's Work. Our Hands." We had a lot of fun and got 2nd place in the parade! We had the best turnout ever for our float! Way to go St. Paul's! Thanks to all who participated and/or cheered on our float! Thanks be to God for the beautiful fall day and the opportunity to spread the good news!
FOOD PANTRY NEEDS!
Thanks to all
who have donated food items for our food pantry. With your help, we've been able to help many local families this year through our food pantry! We are always in need of food donations, especially: - cereals, canned vegetables (beans, corn, mixed veggies), soups, pasta boxes/meals, ramen noodles, crackers, and juice. Please place donations of food items in the grocery cart in the Welcome Hall. Thank you! GOD'S WORK. OUR HANDS.
- LWR QUILTS SHIPPED! Last year the Needles for Needs Quilting Group shipped 19 Lutheran World Relief (LWR) to people in need around the world. This year, with the help of many church & community members, they tripled that number with a total of 62 LWR quilts shipped in 2013! Great job! God's Work. Our Hands. Learn more about LWR by clicking here!
- BABY CARE KITS SHIPPED!--- Jordan Egle, one of St. Paul's youth, organized the LWR Baby Care Kit program as part of his Eagle Scout Project. 41 Baby Kits were assembled. Each Baby Care Kit contained: socks, blankets, shirts, diapers, sleepers, and soap. Thanks to all who donated items! (to the left is a photo of Jordan and other troop members with the assembled kits God's Work. Our Hands. Learn more about LWR by clicking here!
- NEW WAY TO GIVE --- ONLINE GIVING! We are pleased to announce the introduction of another electronic option for offerings. Financial contributions can now be debited automatically from your checking or savings account or processed using your credit or debit card. Giving online to St. Paul's is easy, secure, and allows you to give a one-time gift for general ministry or to a specific ministry or set up recurring donations. No more check writing or forgetting your offering! To give online simply click on the red "Give Online" button in the right menu bar or click here and then follow the onscreen instructions. Thank you for your faithful giving!
- SERVICE SUNDAYS - DOING GOD'S WORK! Thank you to all who participated in St. Paul's Service Sundays on June 2 and September 29! We worshiped together for a short time and then worked together to help those in need! From tying quilts for those in need around the world, to doing yard work, to purchasing food to stock our pantry shelves- everyone (young & old) did God's work with their hands! Thank you and thanks be to God! Here are a few photos from those days...
- MALARIA AWARENESS MONTH - THANK YOU FOR YOUR
SUPPORT! In 2012, our church the ELCA, started a three-year campaign to help eliminate Malaria. Malaria is a devastating disease transmitted by mosquitoes that is the 2nd leading cause of death in Africa. Sadly, it claims a life of a child every 60 seconds. The goal of the campaign is to raise $15 million by 2015. So far we, the ELCA, have raised over $7 million and our impact has already been felt with all the lives saved! Last May we, St. Paul's, raised over $1,700 for the campaign! Thank you for your support! This is what $1,700 can do: -- buy 170 mosquito nets -- provide medicine to treat 850 people -- protect 850 women & children from Malaria -- train 17 village health teams to prevent Malaria Click here to learn more about the campaign
- IN THE NEWS! - St. Paul's was featured in an ELCA article about our ministry and our faith in action! Click here to read the story on the ELCA website.
Join us on St. Paul's
facebook page to stay
connected to our church family!
Unable to worship with us or would you like to hear a
recent sermon again? Click here to find and
listen to recent messages from our pastors.
St.Paul's is a proud member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
April 20, 2014
HOLY WEEK (April 13-20)
11:00 am & 6:30 pm
12:30 pm & 6:30 pm
Easter Sunday (3 services)
(Easter Breakfast 8-9 am)
Visit the About Us section to learn more about St. Paul's and our ministries!
Click here to be directed to our Directions page.
Check out our Calendar for up to date information on all the events, services, and ministries taking place at St. Paul's
Have a desire to help out at St. Paul's, in the community or across the world? Click here to learn about the opportunities to serve.
Find out about the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the history of this wonderful organization on our The ELCA page.
Click on the logo above to give online to St. Paul's ministries via a credit/debit card or checking or savings. To learn more about giving options, please click here