Welcome to St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Medford, WI! We hope this site will help you learn more about our church family and our ministry for Christ. St. Paul's has a long tradition of outreach and service to its members and the community. We hope you will join us for worship services on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings to experience for yourself the fellowship of Christ! All are Welcome!
8:00 am & 10:15 am
Fellowship & Coffee/Snacks
Sunday School 9:00 am
321 N. Park Ave
Medford, WI 54451
- TAYLOR COUNTY CHRISTMAS GIVING TREE PROGRAM! The Giving Tree Program (administered by St. Paul's) is an important ministry in which less fortunate children in Taylor County are able to receive Christmas gifts through the generosity of local businesses, organizations, churches, and individuals. St. Paul’s giving tree is in the Welcome Hall. You may take a tag off of that tree (the tag will have a child’s info), shop for that child, and then bring gifts back to St. Paul’s by December 11. As administrators of this ministry, we will need help organizing, wrapping, and distributing gifts at St. Paul’s from December 11th - 18th. Also, donations of wrapping paper, tape, cardboard boxes, and money are greatly appreciated (100% of all monetary donations will be used to buy gifts! Checks can be made out to: St. Paul's Giving Tree and dropped off/mailed to St. Paul's 321 N. Park Ave Medford, WI 54454). If you have any questions and/or would like to help with this ministry, please contact Mike Lindau at the church office firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-748-4909. Thanks to all who help make this program happen! God's Work. Our Hands
- THANKSGIVING EVE COMMUNITY WORSHIP SERVICE - Wednesday, November 27 at 7:00 pm at United Methodist Church in Medford. Hosted by the Medford Clergy Association. Members of Holy Rosary Catholic Church, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, The United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, The Community United Church of Christ, the Ole’ Country Church and people from all over the community come together every year on Thanksgiving Eve to worship as one! Join us for this great tradition! All are welcome! The offering taken at this service goes to the Medford Clergy Association to be used to help those in need in our community. ** All are invited to join in an Ecumenical Thanksgiving Choir for our Medford area Thanksgiving Eve Ecumenical service this year. The single rehearsal will be the same day, Wednesday, November 27 at 6:00 pm in the sanctuary at Medford United Methodist Church.
- 2013 HARVEST DAYS PARADE FLOAT -- God's Work. Our Hands. The theme for St. Paul's float in the 2013 Medford Harvest Days Parade was "God's Work. Our Hands." We had a lot of fun and got 2nd place in the parade! We had the best turnout ever for our float! Way to go St. Paul's! Thanks to all who participated and/or cheered on our float! Thanks be to God for the beautiful fall day and the opportunity to spread the good news!
- CELEBRATE RECOVERY -- NEW MEETING DAY - MONDAYS @ 6:00 PM! All are welcome to join the Celebrate Recovery Group. If you have self-image problems, substance abuse problems, marriage problems, other needs or addictions, please join the CR group on Monday evenings starting at 6:00 pm. For more information and/or questions, contact Terry Keyzer- CR leader - at 715-427-0135 or email@example.com. This is a confidential program. Click here for more info about Celebrate RecoveryClick here for more info about Celebrate Recovery.
- All ARE WELCOME AT SUNDAY SCHOOL! Sunday School runs from 9:00-10:00 am every Sunday! All Pre-K-6th graders are welcome to attend! You don't need to be a member -- invite your family & friends. Click here to learn more about Sunday School at St. Paul's. Interested in helping teach/being a shepherd(assistant) at Sunday School? Please click here to be taken to our Teacher's Page which has updated scheudles, lessons to view/download/print, and more. Thank you to all who help make Sunday School happen!
FOOD PANTRY NEEDS!
Thanks to all who have donated food items for our food
pantry. With your help, we've been able to help many local families this year through our food pantry! We are always in need of food donations, especially: - cereals, canned vegetables (beans, corn, mixed veggies), soups, pasta boxes/meals, ramen noodles, crackers, and juice. Please place donations of food items in the grocery cart in the Welcome Hall. Thank you! GOD'S WORK. OUR HANDS.
- LWR QUILTS SHIPPED! Last year the Needles for Needs Quilting Group shipped 19 Lutheran World Relief (LWR) to people in need around the world. This year, with the help of many church & community members, they tripled that number with a total of 62 LWR quilts shipped in 2013! Great job! God's Work. Our Hands. Learn more about LWR by clicking here!
- BABY CARE KITS SHIPPED!--- Jordan Egle, one of St. Paul's youth, organized the LWR Baby Care Kit program as part of his Eagle Scout Project. 34 Baby Kits were assembled. Each Baby Care Kit contained: socks, blankets, shirts, diapers, sleepers, and soap. Thanks to all who donated items! (to the left is a photo of Jordan and other troop members with the assembled kits God's Work. Our Hands. Learn more about LWR by clicking here!
- NEW BIBLE STUDIES AT ST. PAUL'S!
What is the Bible? Is the Bible true? Is the Bible the Word of God? Where did the Bible come from? How can I read the Bible with greater understanding? Is there a “center” to Scripture? What kind of authority does the Bible hold?
Explore these seven questions in a “kitchen table-type” conversation. Questions are central to this time. Bring your inquiring mind and an open heart – open to the God revealed to us in this amazing set of stories recorded in Scripture. “…the issues are all here – things that any beginning Bible reader wonders about – and matters that the PhD’s still haven’t solved. You will find questions you always wanted to ask, but didn’t dare…and questions you would have wanted to ask, but didn’t know how. Anyone serious – or simply curious – about how the Bible can still be Scripture for people today will benefit from this fun and insightful study.” Join us-- all are welcome!
- Wednesdays after worship(7:15 pm) beginning September 25
- Thursdays at 9:00 am beginning September 26
- Sundays between services (9-10 am) beginning September 29
- NEW WAY TO GIVE --- ONLINE GIVING! We are pleased to announce the introduction of another electronic option for offerings. Financial contributions can now be debited automatically from your checking or savings account or processed using your credit or debit card. Giving online to St. Paul's is easy, secure, and allows you to give a one-time gift for general ministry or to a specific ministry or set up recurring donations. No more check writing or forgetting your offering! To give online simply click on the red "Give Online" button in the right menu bar or click here and then follow the onscreen instructions. Thank you for your faithful giving!
- SERVICE SUNDAYS - DOING GOD'S WORK! Thank you to all who participated in St. Paul's Service Sundays on June 2 and September 29! We worshiped together for a short time and then worked together to help those in need! From tying quilts for those in need around the world, to doing yard work, to purchasing food to stock our pantry shelves- everyone (young & old) did God's work with their hands! Thank you and thanks be to God! Here are a few photos from those days...
- MALARIA AWARENESS MONTH - THANK YOU FOR YOUR
SUPPORT! Last year (2012), our church the ELCA, started a three-year campaign to help eliminate Malaria. Malaria is a devastating disease transmitted by mosquitoes that is the 2nd leading cause of death in Africa. Sadly, it claims a life of a child every 60 seconds. The goal of the campaign is to raise $15 million by 2015. So far we, the ELCA, have raised over $7 million and our impact has already been felt with all the lives saved! This past May we, St. Paul's, raised over $1,700 for the campaign! Thank you for your support! This is what $1,700 can do: -- buy 170 mosquito nets -- provide medicine to treat 850 people -- protect 850 women & children from Malaria -- train 17 village health teams to prevent Malaria Click here to learn more about the campaign
- IN THE NEWS! - St. Paul's was featured in an ELCA article about our ministry and our faith in action! Click here to read the story on the ELCA website.
Join us on St. Paul's
facebook page to stay
connected to our church family!
Unable to worship with us or would you like to hear a
recent sermon again? Click here to find and
listen to recent messages from our pastors.
St.Paul's is a proud member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
December 09, 2013
8:00 am & 10:15 am
Fellowship Hour 9:00 - 10:00 am
Visit the About Us section to learn more about St. Paul's and our ministries!
Click here to be directed to our Directions page.
Check out our Calendar for up to date information on all the events, services, and ministries taking place at St. Paul's
Have a desire to help out at St. Paul's, in the community or across the world? Click here to learn about the opportunities to serve.
Find out about the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the history of this wonderful organization on our The ELCA page.
Click on the logo above to give online to St. Paul's ministries via a credit/debit card or checking or savings. To learn more about giving options, please click here