Welcome to St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Medford, WI! We hope this site will help you learn more about our church family and our ministry for Christ. St. Paul's has a long tradition of outreach and service to its members and the community. We hope you will join us for worship services on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings to experience for yourself the fellowship of Christ! All are Welcome!
Please join us!
8:00 am & 10:15 am
Fellowship & Bible Study
321 N. Park Ave
Medford, WI 54451
- EXCITING NEWS - we soon will welcome Pastor Brian Mundt to our church family! This past Sunday, July 20, St. Paul’s held the congregational meeting and vote for our next pastor. After opening with prayer, giving an overview of the call process, reading his biography, and watching a short video, our Call Committee and Council recommended Pastor Brian Mundt serve as our next pastor here at St. Paul’s. The congregation then voted to approve this recommendation. We had a total of 93 votes cast, with 91 members voting yes (meeting the 2/3 majority vote required).
Pastor Brian and his wife Mary are so excited to begin their journey here at St. Paul’s! They will be guests at St. Paul’s on Sunday, August 10 – so please plan on attending church to meet and greet them! Pastor Brian’s official start date here at St. Paul’s will be September 24. Thank you to all who attended the meeting and to all those who held and will continue to hold us and our ministries in prayer! Thanks be to God!
St. Paul’s Call Committee
SUNDAY SCHOOL STARTING SEPTEMBER 14! Register your child now!
WOW - It’s hard to believe that Sunday School is only a month away! Sunday School starts on September 14 and runs through Easter. Sunday School is held each week from 9:00-10:00 am in the Sunday School area. All Pre-K-6th graders are welcome to attend! You don't need to be a member -- invite your family & friends!
PASS ON YOUR FAITH: BE A SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER/SHEPHERD! We are always looking for more teachers and shepherds(assistants). It’s easy to help with Sunday School -- no experience necessary and it’s SUPER FUN! We will hold a teacher/shepherd training session in September. Click here to view the easy to use webpage we've created FOR YOU that has all the teaching info you need: updated teaching schedules for the first two rotations, links to view/download/print the lessons, etc.
To sign up to teach or be a shepherd…..email Julie at: firstname.lastname@example.org , sign up on the sheets in the Welcome Hall, or call the church office 715-748-4909. Thank you!
- AN AMAZING VBS 2014! St. Paul’s Vacation Bible School was held August 3-7. We had an AMAZING week! The church was alive with faith and energy as 60+ youth were busy with activities, games, crafts, Bible studies, and songs! Thanks be to God for all who helped make it happen -- countless volunteers helped by housing staff, hosting meals, serving lunch/snacks, and supervising! Thanks especially to our AWESOME camp counselors from Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp!
- HELP EMPTY THE NETS! St. Paul's has been invaded by 400 mosquitoes! A $5 donation will remove one of these pesky pests from the mosquito net in the Welcome Hall. For example, make a $20 donation and you get rid of four mosquitoes! Our goal is to get rid of all of the mosquitoes on the net! The $2,000 we raise from these exterminations will be sent to the ELCA Malaria Campaign to be used for programs that educate people, train leaders, and prevent malaria. This is the third and final year of the campaign and we, the ELCA church family, have already raised over $11 million (of the $15 million goal) and are saving thousands of lives! Donations (cash/checks) can be placed in the box on the table in the Welcome Hall or mailed to St. Paul’s at 321 N. Park Ave Medford, WI 54451. Checks can be made out to: “St. Paul’s - Malaria Campaign” Thank you! God’s Work. Our Hands.
- SUMMER KICK-OFF EVENT HELD JUNE 1 at ST. PAUL'S! Thank you to EVERYONE who helped with and/or attended the 1st Annual Community Summer Kickoff Party yesterday at St. Paul's! The rain showers couldn't keep everyone from having a good time! Thanks be to God for the wonderful food, fun, and fellowship! Click here to view a few photos from the day (on our facebook page)
- BUILDING ON BLESSINGS - 2014 STEWARDSHIP CAMPAIGN... "Building on Blessings" is the theme for St. Paul's financial stewardship emphasis in 2014. We are asking "How can we build on our blessings?" Surely our building project, including the Welcome Hall and Sunday School area, has been a wonderful blessing! Of course, a building is only as valuable as the ministry that can be done through and with it. Sunday, March 16, 2014 was Commitment Sunday at St. Paul's. We received financial commitments (pledges, estimates of giving for 2014) for both the annual budget and the building fund (mortgage). As we engage in conversations about blessings and how God is calling us to build on them, please join us and prayerfully consider your response. If you have not completed a pledge form yet we have them in the church office or you can fill out an online pledge form here. Your pledge information is and will remain confidential. Thank you for your faithful giving!
- BIBLE STUDIES AT ST. PAUL'S! Thursdays at 9:00 am in the Welcome Hall. Come to discuss the upcoming Scripture readings used for Sunday worship. Connect the Word of God with daily life experiences. Explore ways to deepen faith practices in everyday living.Join us-- all are welcome!
- HARVEST DAYS PARADE FLOAT -- God's Work. Our Hands. The theme for St. Paul's float in the 2013 Medford Harvest Days Parade was "God's Work. Our Hands." We had a lot of fun and got 2nd place in the parade! We had the best turnout ever for our float! Way to go St. Paul's! Thanks to all who participated and/or cheered on our float! Thanks be to God for the beautiful fall day and the opportunity to spread the good news!
FOOD PANTRY NEEDS! Thanks to all who have donated food items for our food pantry. With your help, we've been able to help many local families this year through our food pantry! We are always in need of food donations, especially: - cereals, canned vegetables (beans, corn, mixed veggies), soups, pasta boxes/meals, ramen noodles, crackers, and juice. Please place donations of food items in the grocery cart in the Welcome Hall. Thank you! GOD'S WORK. OUR HANDS.
- LWR QUILTS SHIPPED! Last year the Needles for Needs Quilting Group shipped 19 Lutheran World Relief (LWR) to people in need around the world. This year, with the help of many church & community members, they tripled that number with a total of 62 LWR quilts shipped in 2013! Great job! God's Work. Our Hands. Learn more about LWR by clicking here!
- NEW WAY TO GIVE --- ONLINE GIVING! We are pleased to announce the introduction of another electronic option for offerings. Financial contributions can now be debited automatically from your checking or savings account or processed using your credit or debit card. Giving online to St. Paul's is easy, secure, and allows you to give a one-time gift for general ministry or to a specific ministry or set up recurring donations. No more check writing or forgetting your offering! To give online simply click on the red "Give Online" button in the right menu bar or click here and then follow the onscreen instructions. Thank you for your faithful giving!
- IN THE NEWS! - St. Paul's was featured in an ELCA article about our ministry and our faith in action! Click here to read the story on the ELCA website.
Join us on St. Paul's
facebook page to stay
connected to our church family!
Unable to worship with us or would you like to hear a
recent sermon again? Click here to find and
listen to recent messages from our pastors.
St.Paul's is a proud member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
September 02, 2014
8:00 am Worship
9:00-10:00 am Fellowship
10:15 am Worship
6:30 pm Worship
Visit the About Us section to learn more about St. Paul's and our ministries!
Click here to be directed to our Directions page.
Check out our Calendar for up to date information on all the events, services, and ministries taking place at St. Paul's
Have a desire to help out at St. Paul's, in the community or across the world? Click here to learn about the opportunities to serve.
Find out about the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the history of this wonderful organization on our The ELCA page.
Click on the logo above to give online to St. Paul's ministries via a credit/debit card or checking or savings. To learn more about giving options, please click here